While it was expected that many titles Ubisoft lose their services line as of September 1, 2022, the publisher has granted a reprieve to most of them. The new deadline is set for October 1.
Last April, we learned of the deactivation of servers for quantities of Ubisoft titles, whether they were released on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and even PS4 for the oldest editions of Just Dance. And at the beginning of the summer, it was announced that the publisher was going to disconnect fifteen additional titles on September 1st.
You may not have missed it, it’s September 1st, and unless there’s been some malice in terms of closing hours, Ubisoft hasn’t made these new deactivations, at least for the majority of them. It doesn’t seem to be a bug.
Ubisoft game servers deactivated: October 1 as new date
As indicated on its site, Ubisoft has postponed the killing of these new servers, which will thus be deactivated on October 1, i.e. in a month.
“The decommissioning of online services for older games is not something we take lightly, but it is also a necessity as the technology that powered these services becomes obsolete. Over the past month, our teams have been working hard to explore what is possible to reduce disruption.
As a result, we have moved the retirement date from September 1, 2022 to October 1, 2022, and single-player downloadable content (DLC) for several PC games – Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed III (2012 release), Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist – will be available to download and keep before then.”
However, we are informed that Space Junkies is well disconnected on this day, hence its bolding in the reminder list drawn up below:
- Anno 2070 – PC
- Assassin’s Creed II – PC, PS3
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (2012 release) – PC, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD – PC
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations – PS3, Xbox 360
- Driver San Francisco – PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- Far Cry 3 (2012 release) – PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier – PS3, Xbox 360
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time – PC
- Rayman Legends – PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360
- Silent Hunter 5 – PC
- Space Junkies – PC (HTV VIVE, Oculus)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- ZombieU – Wii U
Source: Ubisoft Help (via VGC)