The computer is now the work tool par excellence in the whole world, it is important to be reassured that it works perfectly. If you use it for your meetings or voice discussions, testing its microphone should be one of your first reflexes..
Applications to test the microphone of your PC
The easiest way to test your PC’s mic is to use some online apps. The very first application is named Online Mic Test. It is a very simple to use test application. Just click the play button, record something, and then listen to the recording made.
Another application with which you can test your PC’s microphone is the Mic Tests. With the latter, all you have to do is press the “Test microphone” button. Once done, you need to allow the site to use your microphone, record an occasional sound or speech and then listen to the result.
Besides, you can also use Vidyard to perform this test. This platform offers you a free microphone test tool. You don’t need to create an account before using it.
But before thinking about online solutions, let’s explore together the testing options offered by Windows 10. This testing process has the particularity of offering a method of exploring the problems of your microphone. We can therefore detect hardware related issues or possible software issues.
How to test your microphone with Windows 10?
The microphone test tool available in Windows 10 is easy to use.
- From your desktop, click on the Windows icon.
- In the lower left corner, click the gear wheel representing settings.
- Once in the settings, click on “System”.
- On the left side of your screen, go to the “Sound” tab.
- Scroll lower, produce a sound, in case your microphone is working best, the bar at “Test your microphone” will start to oscillate.
If this is not the case or if you decide to reassure yourself that your microphone is working properly, you can proceed to troubleshoot your microphone.
READ ALSO : HOW TO EFFECTIVELY DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATES?
How to troubleshoot your microphone in Windows 10?
The microphone troubleshooting procedure in Windows 10 is quite simple. You will only have to validate or not options, nothing very technical. To do this :
- Click on the “Troubleshoot” option below “Test your microphone”.
- From the list of microphones displayed, select the one to troubleshoot; this is usually the first option.
- If Windows detects any problems, it will list them in the report window. In our case, no problem was detected, hence the long list of “Problem not present”. Click “Next” to proceed to the next step.
- To complete the procedure, just click on “Close the troubleshooter”.
How to test your microphone using the Vidyard website?
To use this website for your microphone test, follow these steps:
- Open an internet browser from your computer’s desktop.
- Type in the search bar “Vidyard test micro”.
- Select the appropriate search result to access that site.
- Having clicked on the link leading to the microphone test, you will arrive on the appropriate page. Then click on “Grant Mic Access” to allow the website application to access your computer’s microphone.
- At the top of your screen, allow the site to access your microphone by clicking “Allow”.
- The app will automatically start testing your microphone. If the latter works as it should, you will see the message “Your microphone is working”.
And There you go ! From now on, testing your PC’s microphone has no more secrets for you.